Website Trillium Gift of Life Network (TGLN)
Trillium Gift of Life Network (TGLN) is an agency of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care responsible for the coordination of organ and tissue donation and transplantation in Ontario. Our mandate includes increasing public awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donation, education of health care professionals, and ensuring a safe and effective donation and transplant system in Ontario. Working collaboratively with our stakeholders and fostering organizational and individual growth, we value honesty, trust, respect and compassion.
TGLN is currently seeking a highly motivated Clinical Director, responsible for the 24/7 call centre supporting organ donation and allocation. Reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Donation Services and working with TGLN Hospital Programs, the incumbent shall be responsible for planning and managing the work associated with the coordination of potential organ donors from referral through to medical testing and screening, donation case management, allocation to hospital transplant programs and coordination of recovery services. The incumbent also works with TGLN Transplant Program and Provincial Organ Working Groups to develop and implement organ allocation algorithms and identify and implement best practice with respect to optimizing organ yield.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the setting of program/service priorities that align with the organizations corporate priorities and business plans.
• Maximize the volume of organ donors and organ yield through the identification, implementation and monitoring of strategies and tactics to achieve targeted volumes.
• Set priorities for operating and capital resources; develop budget and/or business cases to support these priorities.
• Act as Value Stream Leader for the organ donation, allocation and recovery process, ensuring operational efficiencies and stakeholder satisfaction through effective monitoring of resource utilization and action as required.
• Lead the investigation and implementation of best practices and innovative systems/processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services.
• Support the development, design and implementation of organ allocation changes as a business lead in collaboration with the TGLN Transplant Program and IT application development services.
• Set the environment that enables the program/service to meet/exceed evidence-based practice standards and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in donation and transplant system networks and other professional groups to advance the provision of services.
• Develop partnerships and structures to support the continuum of services.
• Work with stakeholders to monitor system level performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Support internal and external research initiatives.
• Share the expertise of TGLN with organ donation partners and other service providers.
• Foster a collaborative work environment where the team contributes to the success of the organ donation program and the overall organization.
• Model a leadership style that is flexible, responsible and appropriate to the circumstances ensuring employees, colleagues and stakeholders are informed, involved and heard in an environment of mutual respect.
• Participate in Manager-On-Call duties (24 hour on call, 7 days per month along with other Managers/Directors); conduct huddles on active cases to provide guidance and oversight, critical decision making including donor management, manage stakeholder requirements, engaging Hospital Donation Support Physician (DSP) and Administrator on Call (AOC) as required.
• Limited travel required within the province of Ontario, including infrequent travel within other provinces or states.
• Performs other duties consistent with role profile, as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Master’s degree with a minimum five (5) years of management experience or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
• A degree in nursing with a background in critical care or related health care field and current registration with the relevant professional college in Ontario.
• Experienced health care professional with a background in critical care and/or organ donation.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrates a capability to recommend strategic direction and develop programs.
• Expertise in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Demonstrated influencing, negotiating and counselling skills.
• Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills.
• Highly developed time management skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Ontario’s health care system, hospital healthcare delivery practices, and related regulations.
• Computer usage skills, word processing and electronic forms usage are required in addition to utilizing software applications.
TGLN offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Please apply to Human Resources, Trillium Gift of Life Network referencing competition #2017-25 by Fax: 416-214-7807 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24, 2017.
Trillium Gift of Life Network is committed to providing accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Trillium Gift of Life Network thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for this posting will be contacted.