Website The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Your expertise and knowledge are required in the Health Capital Investment Branch within the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Reporting to the Director of the Health Capital Investment Branch, you will provide leadership and expertise in clinical and hospital operational management to support critical decision making regarding the ministry’s capital investment functions for health care in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Clinical Specialist, you will:
• participate in the review, approval, development and implementation of hospital and other health care capital projects, and the capital components of related ministry strategic and operational programs;
• provide expert advice to senior management and staff in the planning, design, implementation and occupancy of capital projects with respect to clinical and operational management;
• provide recommendations into the development and post-occupancy evaluations and protocols;
• establish and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• participate in consultative processes and teams on the clinical care aspects of capital projects.
How do I qualify?
- You have a Registration with a Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) College.
Health Care Knowledge:
- You have demonstrated knowledge of health care organizations, including hospital and community health service provider operational environments and experience regarding the implications for planning, design, and implementation of capital projects.
• You have knowledge of strategic directions and priorities, health legislation, policies, practices, procedures and governance for infrastructure development and renewal planning.
- You have specialized knowledge and expertise in the field of hospital and community based clinical management, including health care delivery models and best practices in clinical administration and operational management.
Analytical, Problem-Solving, Research and Policy Development Skills:
- You can assess capital projects and critical care issues to identify and determine impacts, risks, options, and conceptualize/develop strategies.
• You can evaluate the clinical impact of capital projects, and develop feasible solutions and recommendations.
• You can review all stages of project development and implementation for compliance to guidelines.
• You can analyze health care delivery best practices, trends and developments, to advise on health care delivery models and best practices in clinical administration and operational management.
• You can provide risk assessment to identify, analyze and advise on complex clinical issues, risks, and impacts associated with hospital capital planning decisions.
• You can develop policy recommendations on clinical design and health care delivery models as they relate to capital projects.
Communication, Negotiation, Consultation, Advisory and Relationship Management Skills:
- You have relationship management skills to develop effective working partnerships with diverse internal/external stakeholders, including health care executives, physicians, architects, planners and clinical staff in relation to clinical care requirements associated planning and design implications.
• You can prepare draft policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
• You can develop and make presentations on issues and recommendations to senior management and diverse stakeholders.
• You can effectively liaise with other branches of the ministry and other ministries.
• You have interpersonal and team building skills to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
• You have consultation skills to provide clinical advice, expertise, and consultation throughout the capital planning and development process.
• You have negotiation skills to resolve issues and negotiate with hospital clinical and administrative teams on design requirements of capital projects.
• You have advisory skills to provide authoritative clinical advice, expertise and recommendations to senior management and project teams on complex clinical matters and issues impacting project planning and implementation.
• You are proficient in computer applications such as word processing, graphics and spreadsheet software.
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
- You have proven project management methods and techniques, to provide advice and support to capital management teams on the planning and coordination of capital projects.
• You can lead and participate on working committees mandated to consult, engage and negotiate with stakeholders on the clinical aspects of complex capital projects.
Salary Range: $75,924 – $110,352 per year
- 1 Permanent, 1075 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 122050, by Monday, April 16, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ontario.ca/careers →