Website West Park Healthcare Centre
West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients get their lives back by providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach services in specialized rehabilitative and complex care after a life-altering illness or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. By 2021, West Park’s 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors. This transformation enables the Centre to evolve its rehabilitative programs and strengthen links to community-based services to meet the future healthcare needs of our local community and the province.
We currently have the following opportunity available:
|Executive Assistant /Full-time|
This role reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Diploma/Degree from a post-secondary institution or vocational school (Administrative or Secretarial)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting executive level management (preferably in a healthcare or public sector environment)
- Experience working directly with a Board of Directors
- 2 year’s experience with formal Minute taking at the Board/Committee level
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 70 words per minute
- Advanced proficiency in MS Suite Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong logistical and organizational skills
- Tactful and discretionary nature in dealing with the sensitive and confidential operations of a corporate office environment
- Willingness to work evenings, early mornings to accommodate Board/Committee meetings
- Provides over all administrative support to the President and CEO such as independently drafting correspondence, taking minutes, distributing material, and initiating follow-up as required.
- Manages the daily schedule for the President and CEO by prioritizing competing demands from various internal and external sources tactfully and expeditiously.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Board by organizing the logistics of Board and committee meetings, drafting agendas, compiling meeting materials for distribution and synthesizing meeting notes into concise and accurate minutes.
- Coordinates with the Manager, Medical Affairs and Governance Effectiveness, in the planning and coordinating of the logistics of the Annual General Meeting and other governance-related events (e.g. – Board Orientation, Joint Board Governance Retreat, and Joint Board Festive Dinner).
- Reviews correspondence received in the President and CEO’s office through mail or email, and prioritizes for the President’s review or re-routes as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains efficient administrative processes with a consistent focus on quality improvement (e.g. – annual review of paper and electronic filing system, development of other administrative best practices).
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the President and CEO – such as Board Members, patients/families and medical staff as well as the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC), LHIN and other key stakeholders and agencies.
- Responsible for lodging all materials related to Board and Executive Committee meetings on to the Board portal one week prior to each scheduled meeting.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, preferably via online application, to
We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those selected for interviews
To learn more about West Park’s services, our organization and our role in the community, please visit us at: www.westpark.org
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.