Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport services to our critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
Ornge currently has the following vacancy:
Position Available: Information Management Analyst
Location: 5310 Explorer Drive, Mississauga
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Performance
Department: Performance and Information Management
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Performance, the Information Management Analyst-Health is responsible for collaborating with members of a diverse internal stakeholder group that includes Clinical Affairs, Operations, Aviation, and Corporate Services. There are also external stakeholders which include healthcare institutions and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. This role helps to identify and develop performance indicator measures and data quality control to provide the information necessary to make informed decisions impacting activity in the areas of organizational performance, service delivery, quality, and meeting regulatory reporting requirements. The Information Management Analyst-Health provides advanced knowledge to create complex reports incorporating data from multiple sources and systems, works on project teams, and provides consultative and analytical support through the provision of statistical and clinical information to support evidence-based decision making and the monitoring of performance indicators.
- Creates SQL reports from multiple databases to meet corporate and /or departmental analytical needs (reports, dashboards, data, etc.);
- Develops, maintains and monitors Ministry reports to meet Performance Agreement requirements;
- Collaborates with team members to identify data related problems and suggest approaches to resolution;
- Assists with analysing complex data systems, data-flows and develops automated/re-usable routines for extracting requested information from databases;
- Develops and maintains metrics, algorithms, process flows for corporate wide data quality and assists departments with tool development to maintain data quality. Assists with recommendations in core corporate systems with process-change/system design changes in relationship to data quality;
- Tracks and analyzes key corporate performance indicators;
- Prepares custom and ad-hoc reports according to organizational priorities;
- Contributes to the development of organizational reports related to the Quality Management Program, Strategic Plan, Operational Plan and Ministry of Health and Long Term Care;
- Develops and ensures methodologies are in place for accurate and reliable data. Monitors the quality of the database systems; and
- Performs comprehensive analysis of information using various statistical methods to identify patterns, trends or outliers.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field;
- 5-7 years’ previous relevant experience, preferably with healthcare data sets or other large data sets where a high expectation of confidentiality exists;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications;
- Strong Experience with SQL 2012 is preferred, prior advanced experience with SSMS and SSRS is required;
- Understanding of basic statistics and methods, including reliability/validity assessment, and research/audit conventions;
- Sound organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines are essential; and
- Experience with utilization, clinical and financial data.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line no later than May 31, 2017. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A Human Resources Officer will contact you within 48 hours. Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.