Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization that is dedicated to providing the highest quality transport medicine services to the province of Ontario. From air transport services to our critical care land transport program, we provide a range of services to patients and hospitals across the province. We are looking for individuals who are dedicated and energetic and who are looking for a career with a dynamic, patient-focused organization. Ornge is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
We are currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler to join the Workforce Planning and Scheduling department.
Position Available: Planner/Scheduler
Status: Full Time, Non-Union
Hours of Work: This role is expected to be able to work rotational shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Location: 5310 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, ON
Reporting to: Director, Workforce Planning and Scheduling
Department: Workforce Planning and Scheduling
The role of the Planner/Scheduler will contribute in a variety of ways to the day to day operations of the Workforce Planning and Scheduling department at Ornge. S/he will plan and forecast short and long term needs of stakeholders related to the staffing of the Ornge fleet and Ornge Communications Center, as well as assist in scheduling training sessions and changes for staffing requirements. S/he will arrange travel, accommodations (HOTAC), car rentals, and other Ornge related business travel for Paramedics, Pilots, AMEs and other personnel as required. S/he will need to become familiar with multiple Collective Bargaining Agreements, service providers, and adhere to Ornge Policy. S/he will work cross functionally with the Operations Control Centre, Aviation, Human Resources and Labour Relations, Medical Operations, and Paramedic Education, in a range of capacities.
• Collaborate with other business units to ensure educational requirements are scheduled timely and efficiently;
• Monitor and manage crew operations and schedules to ensure compliance with Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulations, Collective Agreements and company policies;
• Accurately record and maintain scheduling records;
• Monitor flight and duty time compliance and respond to irregularities;
• Complete monthly reports as required;
• Book travel in a timely manner as required and approved and ensure reservations are confirmed and prepared itineraries are met;
• Provide support and respond to issues regarding travel scheduling, reservations, cancellations and general inquiries;
• Prepare purchase orders, compare training related invoices with vendor contracts
• Complete monthly credit card reconciliations; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post secondary education;
• Experience in scheduling 24/7 operations; aviation and/or medical preferable;
• Understanding of the provincial Transport Medicine system is an asset;
• Ability to interpret and execute policies relating to Collective Agreements;
• Ability to work within policies and practices of multiple stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, develop solutions and execute plans;
• Ability to establish and effectively manage numerous priorities and meet deadlines;
• Strong planning and organizational skills;
• Knowledge or familiarity with Scheduling Software Systems is an asset;
• Basic knowledge of travel booking tool (Carlson Wagonlit);
• Must be available to work shift rotation after business hours, on weekends and holidays;
• Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Internet Explorer;
• Ability to multi-task work with flexibility in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision; and
• Excellent communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to apply on-line no later than July 1, 2017. If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. A member of the Human Resources team will contact you within 48 hours.
Ornge is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://ornge.ca →