Website Canadian Mental Health Association/Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA/Peel Dufferin)
Registered Nurse – Community Support
(North Etobicoke/West Woodbridge/Malton)
13 month contract position
The Canadian Mental Health Association/Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA/Peel Dufferin)is pleased to announce that we are currently recruiting for the position of Registered Nurse who is interested in providing community support for clientswithin the sub-region of North Etobicoke/West Woodbridge/ Malton and Rexdale.
This is a full time 13-month contract position to cover a maternity leave.Hours of work are 9 am to 5 pm.Flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and evening shifts as needed. Some local travel in own vehicle within the CW-LHIN is required including some transportation of clients. This position is located out of CMHA’s Rexdale location at 8 Taber Road in Etobicoke.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, this position will provide counselling, treatment groups, medication management support and individual services to persons presenting with a mental health and/or addictions issues. This position will carry a caseload for individual counselling with planning for solution focused, time limited services and will work closely with other professionals through the provision of expertise regarding client medical needs and linkages between mental health and primary health care. Services will be delivered both in office and in the community.
Salary band is $62,100 – $72,100 per year
- Provide support to clients by establishing a supportive, ongoing relationship with clients and their support systems
- Developing a Crisis Plan with each client and their supports to support and maintain client wellness in mental health as well as their primary health
- Developing comprehensive assessments with clients and supports to identify client strengths and needs considering the social determinants of health.
- Establishing and implementing Recovery Plans to guide the mutual work towards client recovery
- Assessing the need for and delivering psycho-educational groups for clients, families and other professionals
- Provide consultation to service partners
- Through the integration of psychopharmacology knowledge, develop individual plans to support physical and mental health client needs and support shared decision making and health maintenance.
- Providing on-going supportive counselling, life skills coaching, pre-employment coaching and appropriate referrals to enable clients to achieve their goals
- Consulting, advocating and liaising with community resources and agencies to assist clients in achieving their goals
- Monitoring clients’ mental health and initiating intervention to promote wellness
- Providing education on mental health, illnesses and wellness to clients and their families/other supports
- Providing family informed care and support for families
- Establishing a follow-up plan for clients prior to discharge
- As part of the multidisciplinary team, providing the team, client, family and others with specialized consultation/education related to nursing issues within a Recovery model of intervention
- Attending and actively participating in team meetings and other client-related meetings and program meetings as required
- Maintaining appropriate record-keeping/documentation and client files, statistical and outcome measurement tools as required by CMHA/Peel policies and procedures.
- Follow PHIPA legislation and CMHA Peel Dufferin policies and procedures governing Privacyandclient personal health information and health records.
- Participating on agency and community committees and workgroups as requested by manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSCN) required.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Certification in mental health nursing CPMHN and/or relevant mental health experience.
- 3-5 years community experience with individuals living with significant mental health issues.
- Working knowledge of Recovery Model.
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of mental illness, with a special interest in and understanding of depression, anxiety disorders, and personality disorders such as is usually gained through working with this population;
- Experience in group development and facilitation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental illness, medications and treatments;
- Working knowledge of relevant mental health policy and legislation including the Mental Health Act;
- Ability to develop and deliver services that are sensitive to cultural diversity and are LGBQT positive.
- Knowledge of community resources in the Rexdale and North Etobicoke areas.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict, potentially hazardous conditions or time demands.
- A demonstrated understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on well-being and recovery.
- Able to work with other professionals particularly from other disciplines to problem solve and achieve common goals in a collaborative manner using a cooperative approach.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, Internet, e-mail; Knowledge of Client Record databases and OCAN is an asset.
- Knowledge of French or any other second language reflecting the diversity of the GTA is an asset.
- Valid “G” Drivers license, relevant insurance and use of own vehicle.
- Ability to work evening and Saturdays, as needed.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check) report.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
CMHA/Peel provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous training opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website. www.cmhapeeldufferin.ca
Qualified applicants may submit their resume and cover letter online via the link below:
CMHA/Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA/Peel will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Human rights Code. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit cmhapeel.bamboohr.co.uk.