Accounting Manager Finance
|Company Name||Erin Oak Kids|
|Date Posted||Jul 20, 2012|
Full time, permanent
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and IT, the Accounting Manager is accountable for the management of the Finance department. The successful candidate will oversee all accounting processes and will be highly involved in financial planning, reporting, monitoring and forecasting. He/She will participate as an active member of the Management Team in meeting overall Annual Operational and Strategic Objectives.
• Responsible for the accounting processes including oversight of the monthly general ledger close, accounts payable/receivable, monthly/quarterly preparation of internal financial statements and reports, daily monitoring of short-term investment and cash balances, ensuring that adequate internal controls exist and are maintained, ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of the general ledger database and recommending improvements.
• Manage the monthly/quarterly preparation of external reports to various funders and other stakeholders and assist the Clinical Operation Managers with the analysis of program statistical and financial variances and forecasting of expenditures to year-end.
• Responsible for the supervision and development of the finance team members (5)
• Responsible for the coordination, preparation and consolidation of the Annual Operating Budget, including the annual salaries and benefit budget, and ministry budget submissions
• Responsible for the coordination and completion of the annual financial statement audit.
• Evaluate and recommend improvements on current computerized reporting models, as well as internal processes and procedures. Review policies and procedures periodically to ensure compliance with new laws and directives.
• Responsible for ad hoc reports, analysis and taking a lead role initiating quality/process improvement projects.
• Must possess a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified General Accountant (CGA) designation.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience with recent senior financial experience in the health care and/or non-profit sector preferred
• In-depth knowledge of the Ontario Hospital MIS Guidelines and Reporting System preferred.
• Proven skills and knowledge in financial statement preparation and analysis, and current knowledge of GAAP related to the not-for-profit sector.
• Superior knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and report-writing tools.
• Proven team builder
• Experience with accounting / management information systems (Medi-tech System experience would be an asset).
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a high volume of work and able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Loughlean, Human Resources at ErinoakHR@erinoakkids.ca
Please quote the job title in the subject line. ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.
ErinoakKids - Small Steps. Giant Miracles
- Manager, Emergency, Surgical & Infusion Services posted 10 days ago.