Administrative Assistant, Transplant
|Company Name||Trillium Gift of Life Network|
|Date Posted||Jul 11, 2012|
|Category||Other Careers In Health Care|
Don de vie
Administrative Assistant, Transplant
Trillium Gift of Life Network is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a broad mandate including responsibility for planning, promoting, coordinating and supporting the organ and tissue donation and transplantation system; managing the organ transplant waiting list, allocation, recovery, distribution and delivery of organs for transplantation; educating and increasing awareness of the public and health professionals on donation; and, reporting statistics on organ and tissue donation and transplantation. Working collaboratively and fostering organizational and individual growth, we value honesty, trust, respect and compassion.
TGLN is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Vice President - Transplant, this position is responsible for carrying out a variety of office administration tasks including scheduling, correspondence, liaising with external stakeholders and other staff, and travel and accommodations. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates all administrative activities of the VP, Transplant.
• Coordinates all aspects of meeting arrangements for both internal and external meetings with stakeholders, including logistics, catering, agendas, meeting materials, record minutes, and ensure follow-up on issues arising from meeting.
• Provides support to the Management Committee meetings.
• Provides support in preparation of documentation and reports for Senior Management meetings, board meetings, etc.
• Drafts, edits and proofreads correspondence, reports and presentations. May draft the content of routine correspondence etc. as required.
• Assembles data and researches information as required.
• Assembles material (e.g. photocopying, assembling, etc) and prepares mail outs and packages.
• Maintains an effective, efficient filing system.
• Provides reception relief as part of a rotating schedule of reception replacement coverage.
• Performs other duties consistent with the role, including participation in special projects, as required.
• Post secondary education in business administration, office administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years + experience providing senior administrative support, preferably in a health care setting.
• Knowledge of health administration through education and/or experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with government, medical stakeholders and the community.
• Ability to act pro-actively and independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience in the not-for-profit environment is an asset.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met.
• Attention to detail is critical to role.
Please state salary expectations
Trillium Gift of Life Network offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please apply to Human Resources, Trillium Gift of Life Network, 522 University Avenue, Suite 900, Toronto ON M5G 1W7 by July 22, 2012 referencing competition # AA-JT-FT, Fax: 416-214-7807.
Trillium Gift of Life Network thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for this posting will be contacted.
- 3CTN Ontario NRCC and Clinical Trials Management System Coordinator posted 6 days ago.
- Regional Clinical Liaison posted 20 days ago.
- Assistant Manager, Public Health Nursing & Nutrition posted 23 days ago.