CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - HEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT / CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - MICROBIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
|Company Name||CML Healthcare Inc.|
|Date Posted||Aug 15, 2012|
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR – HEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR – MICROBIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
LOCATION: 6560 Kennedy Road, Mississauga ON
HOURS OF WORK: 2 Permanent, Full-Time Positions (75 hours bi-weekly)
The Supervisor, Clinical assists the Manager, Clinical in the efficient day-to-day operation of the department, including planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and employees in the department.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (50%)
• In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager, and Manager, Clinical, updates QA Manuals, ensures that quality control programs, standards and procedures are followed.
• Ensures compliance with Quality Management Program — Laboratory Services (QMP-LS) and Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA). Responsible for maintaining all departmental records and overseeing departmental staff QA/QC activities. Assists in preparing and conducting audits, and all related documentation.
Supervisory, Clinical Processing & Administration (50%)
• Assists with the hiring and training of new employees. May assign schedules, workload, direct and/or assist employees as needed.
• Assist with the monitoring of performance and competency, assist with coaching for improvement, participates in annual appraisals, and assists with progressive discipline.
• Provides professional and/or technical training concerning procedures, laboratory testing and/or screening methods.
• Monitors operational workflow, and actions appropriate changes as directed by Manager, Clinical in order to maintain high level of service.
• Responsible for preparing employee time sheets, sick time, vacation and leave requests, and submitting to Manager, Clinical for approval. In the absence of the Manager, Clinical, where required, is responsible for departmental operations.
• Assists with ensuring efficient processing of specimens, in accordance with standard operational procedures, and safe handling of infectious materials.
• Responsible for equipment preventative maintenance program, safety check program, reagent inventory and ordering controls. Ensures malfunctioning equipment is serviced, and that all log books for routine maintenance are kept up-to-date.
• Assists Manager, Clinical in ensuring that employees observe all health and safety standards as outlined under Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Worker's Compensation Board/Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WCB/WSIB), and all regulations and licensing requirements under the Ministry of Labour (MOL) and Ministry of Health (MOH).
• Other duties as required; special projects.
• College/University Degree in clinical area required; Advanced Certification (ART) or Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) post certificate educational credits leading to Advanced Certification (ART) preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of clinical area of practice. Minimum of four (4) years related clinical experience and one (1) year supervisory experience.
• Must be an Active Member in good standing of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills as well as strong leadership abilities.
• Please forward applications to email@example.com
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Senior Healthcare Risk Management Specialist posted 10 days ago.