Decision Support Consultant
|Company Name||Erinoak Kids|
|Date Posted||Jul 19, 2012|
|Category||Other Careers In Health Care|
Centre for Treatment and Development
DECISION SUPPORT CONSULTANT
Full Time Permanent, North Sheridan 1 Site
ErinoakKids is currently seeking a dynamic individual to assume the newly created role of Decision Support Consultant.
Reporting to the Director, Quality, Utilization and Performance, the DS Consultant will use their advanced analytic skills and detailed content knowledge of client-related and other operational information to support evidence-based decision making and monitor performance related to ErinoakKids’ clinical services.
In this newly created role, the DS Consultant will provide decision support as well as data and statistical analysis using both quantitative and qualitative sources to enable the identification of internal system priorities and the developing and implementing of client care strategies to promote efficiencies and the delivery of high quality client outcomes.
The DS Consultant will also perform a key role in data compilation and manipulation and use multiple tools to present the data for performance analysis and evaluation.
• Analyze and interpret on information to support strategic planning, budgeting, restructuring and service optimization
• Coordinate/facilitate and support accessibility to and identification of data elements required for management purposes
• Act as liaison between clinical services management and Decision Support for reporting needs
• Provide consultative and analytical support regarding the timely collection, interpretation and presentation of data for planning, evaluation, and decision support
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to the decision support knowledge applications
• Develop and maintain departmental standards with respect to decision support system documentation, and change requests
• Develop knowledge of Meditech modules and data repository with a view to extracting data for decision support tools
• Ensure that decision support products and systems support MIS guidelines and best practice standards
• Develop and implement processes to ensure that data integrity is monitored and maintained
• Provide data and analysis for various ad hoc requests from clinical areas or related to projects, business cases and quality improvement initiatives
• University degree in health administration, health sciences, health policy or equivalent. Consideration will also be given to individuals with University/ Masters Degree in business, economics, statistics with health care experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Decision Support or similar function in a health care environment
• Experience working in a Meditech environment a requirement
• SQL database knowledge and query development
• Advanced user of Excel and Access
• Experienced with the Balanced Scorecard framework and Indicator development
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong data analysis and SPC skills
• Advanced problem-solving, and project management skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision, manage own time, and prioritize projects
• Knowledge of healthcare reporting requirements and funding methodologies an asset
• Strong aptitude for analysis, interpretation and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments simultaneously and to adapt quickly to change
• Demonstrated delivery of customer service focus when working with internal and external clients
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Loughlean, Human Resources at ErinoakHR@erinoakkids.ca
Please quote the job title in the subject line. ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.
ErinakKids - Small Steps. Giant Miracles
- Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers posted 1 day ago.
- OAR MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT MANAGER posted 17 days ago.
- Regional Clinical Liaison – Quality (Transplant) posted 23 days ago.
- Employee Health and Wellness Advisor posted 29 days ago.