Engineering Liaison Associate
|Date Posted||Mar 13, 2012|
|Category||Other Careers In Health Care|
Position Title: Engineering Liaison Associate
This position requires a creative, detail oriented and highly organized individual. This position requires an engineering background with experience in loss control, the capability to analyze technical property damage reports and property claims data, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to: Manager, Healthcare Risk Management
Education Required: Engineering degree or certificate (e.g. CET)
Experience: 2 years in insurance (preferred); experience in loss control
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Engineering and technical knowledge of physical/property risks
• Well-developed analytical skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as team member
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees, subscribers, senior healthcare administrators, facility directors, engineers and FM Global staff
• Excellent verbal, written, oral communication skills
• Excellent listening and learning skills
• Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, analyze, identify trends, and report on FM Global risk reports and other facility inspection reports
• Liaise with FM Global to ensure follow up with subscribers where significant deficiencies and issues are noted
• Liaise, on-site with healthcare facility staff to facilitate remedial solutions of risk control recommendations
• Review, anlayze, identify trends, and report to internal and external stakeholders on property claims data and issues
• Facilitate the ongoing development of effective, standardized property claims reports for subscribers
• Prepare ad hoc property claims reports for senior executive and top subscribers
• Promote FM Global knowledge, resources, and tools with subscribers
• Prepare additional HIROC resources and tools on leading practices in the mitigation of property risks (e.g. risk reference sheets, resource guides, FAQs, etc)
• Provide engineering support and advice to claims and insurance operations staff on issues related to property insurance/claims
• Prepare presentations on property claims issues and risk management practices
• Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Normal office environment
• Travel is a requirement and will constitute 20-50% of this position’s time; including travel outside of the GTA
• Must have an Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
In order be considered for this position; please include a current resume or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more information about Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC), please go our website at www.hiroc.com.