|Company Name||MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND LONG TERM CARE|
|Date Posted||Nov 15, 2012|
|Category||Other Careers In Health Care|
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is working to establish a patient-focused, results-driven, integrated and sustainable publicly funded health system. Its plan for building a sustainable public health care system in Ontario is based on helping people stay healthy, delivering good care when people need it and protecting the health system for future generations.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of thousands of Ontarians and to be on the leading edge of improving the sustainability and accessibility of the health care system in Ontario!
In joining the Ontario Public Service, you will not only start a new job, but will launch into a career of endless possibilities. You will have variety and challenge in your work, access to formal and informal continuous learning opportunities and the ability to pursue career development. We offer comprehensive benefits, a valuable Employee Assistance Program, numerous employee recognition and engagement initiatives, social networks and a focus on work-life balance. Is it any wonder we are again one of Canada's Top 100 Employers?
To learn more about the Ministry of Health, explore our website: www.health.gov.on.ca
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this meaningful role, you will:
• research and advise on clinical, medical and technical implications with respect to the development, implementation and maintenance of accountability agreements and contracts with provincial and individual providers and health care organizations
• provide advice on the development and engagement of external stakeholders and the management of the accountability relationship
• lead and participate in working groups, cross-functional teams and expert panels
• engage and consult with major stakeholders in the health care field
Please note: the position's headquarters is flexible and can be located at either of the following two locations and will be determined based on the location of the successful candidate.
Location: 370 Select Drive, Kingston, Ontario or 47 Sheppard Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
• a current valid licence to practice medicine in the Province of Ontario
• you have demonstrated experience in medical consultation or administration to provide medical expertise and leadership in the development, implementation and maintenance of accountability agreements and contracts
• you are familiar with the health care system in Ontario, health care delivery and physician remuneration methods
• you have an understanding of Ontario's legislative authorities and related programs impacting the medical profession including knowledge of or the ability to interpret current issues confronting the health care system, associated programs, legislation, goals and objectives
• you have demonstrated research and analytical skills to participate in the analysis of medical claims
• you have the ability to coordinate and conduct research and analysis related to health care systems and health program trends, practices, theories and related implications
Leadership, Project Management and Research Skills:
• you can demonstrate your leadership skills to manage and lead project working groups
• you are familiar with project management processes and principles
Communication and Computer Skills:
• you have well-developed verbal and written communication skills to provide consultation, advice and expertise
• you have the ability to provide interpretation and application of complex medical terminology or clauses within mandates, agreements/contracts and potential strategies
• you are proficient in the use of computers and software applications such as MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet
• candidates appointed must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada or, under the Federal Immigration Act, have written authority to work in Canada
• results of this competition may also be considered for Medical Consultant positions throughout the province that may arise over the next 24 months
• the successful candidate will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment
Salary range: $139,872.00 – $163,962.00 per year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 47843, by December 31, 2012. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.