Nurse - Organ and Tissue Donation Coordinator
|Company Name||Trillium Gift of Life Network|
|Location||Greater Toronto Area, Canada|
|Date Posted||Aug 08, 2012|
Don de vie
Nurse - Organ and Tissue Donation Coordinator
Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Trillium Gift of Life Network is an agency of the Government of Ontario responsible for the coordination of organ and tissue donation and transplantation in Ontario. Our mandate includes increasing public awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donation, education of health care professionals, and ensuring a safe and effective donation and transplant system in Ontario. Working collaboratively with our stakeholders and fostering organizational and individual growth, we value honesty, trust, respect and compassion.
TGLN is seeking a seasoned professional with a history of excellence in clinical practice who thrives on making a difference. This exciting new opportunity will allow you to save and enhance lives every day through the opportunities of organ donation. Organ Donation is an integral part of quality end-of-life medical practice in Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Hospital Programs, you will ensure the opportunity of organ and tissue donation is offered appropriately to every Ontario resident and will support families through the donation process, assisting the healthcare provider team in the management of the deceased donor, and coordinating many aspects of the donation process including suitability assessment of organs for transplantation. As an expert in organ and tissue donation you will raise awareness of donation, provide on-going education to the hospital community and contribute to continuous quality improvement.
This role demands a collaborative approach and proven ability to build consensus during complex decision-making. You are a creative problem-solver, an excellent communicator and possess exceptional facilitation skills. The ability to remain composed and focused when dealing with emotionally-charged issues is required, along with sensitivity to spiritual and cultural contexts of care. You must be available to participate in a 24-hour call rotation which may be physically demanding.
• Critical care and/or relevant organ and tissue donation experience.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
• CNA Certification in Critical Care an asset.
• Compassionate, dedicated; professional leadership skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-directed and able to function collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
• Sensitive to spiritual, cultural and other relevant contexts of care.
• Demonstrated formal and informal educational programming experience is a definite asset.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work collaboratively with both clinical and non-clinical stakeholders at multiple levels.
• Excellent demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts, including on-call shifts.
• Ability to travel within the general region and provincially from time to time.
Your career at TGLN:
Acting as part of the Ontario team of professionals, you will be a Coordinator within the GTA supporting organ donation activity and working with the hospital development team to support TGLN’s designated hospitals. As a key resource in organ and tissue donation, this role provides a great deal of autonomy and the opportunity to liaise and network with a variety of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
TGLN provides an extensive orientation and training program as well as on-going team support to ensure that you are successful in your role as well as opportunities grow your broader, longer-term career.
A self-directed individual with enthusiasm, initiative, and the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders will thrive in this role.
Discover more about how you can make a difference by saving lives…
Trillium Gift of Life Network offers a competitive. Please apply to Human Resources, Trillium Gift of Life Network, 522 University Avenue, Suite 900, Toronto
ON M5G 1W7, referencing competition # NOTDC-FT-RS. Fax: 416-214-7807. E-mail: email@example.com.
Trillium Gift of Life Network thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for this posting will be contacted.
- 3CTN Ontario NRCC and Clinical Trials Management System Coordinator posted 6 days ago.
- Nursing Program Approval Consultant posted 12 days ago.
- Regional Clinical Liaison posted 20 days ago.