Nurse - Referral Triage Coordinator
|Company Name||Trillium Gift of Life Network|
|Date Posted||Feb 11, 2013|
Don de vie
Nurse - Referral Triage Coordinator
0.6 Part-Time Position
Trillium Gift of Life Network is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a broad mandate including responsibility for planning, promoting, coordinating and supporting the organ and tissue donation and transplantation system; managing the organ transplant waiting list, allocation, recovery, distribution and delivery of organs for transplantation; educating and increasing awareness of the public and health professionals on donation; and, reporting statistics on organ and tissue donation and transplantation. Working collaboratively and fostering organizational and individual growth, we value honesty, trust, respect and compassion.
The Referral Triage Coordinator (RTC) provides expert, professional services in a manner consistent with the mission and values of TGLN. S/he is passionate about organ and tissue donation. The RTC is responsible for responding and triaging new referrals and does everything within his/her professional scope of influence to ensure that the donation experience is meaningful and positive; facilitates and coordinates many aspects of the donation process and implements order sets; works closely with the attending health care team to medically manage the patient’s physiologic status prior to brain death; uses their critical judgment skills to assess and allocate clinical resources on a daily basis.
The RTC ensures continuous donation support services by:
1) Acting as an expert resource in all aspects of organ and tissue donation and provides consistent and timely support to all hospitals
2) Promoting and supporting organ and tissue donation best practices and effective donation processes through phone support for all new and open referrals
3) Uses critical thinking skills to allocate TGLN’s clinical resources on a daily basis
4) Participates in daily bullet rounds
5) Maintains concise, accurate records of data regarding organ referrals, including lab values, medications, diagnostic tests required to evaluate and manage all potential and/or actual donors
6) Collecting and reporting data for quality management practices;
7) Must expertly posses knowledge of medical and legal principles of donor evaluation, consent and management
8) May interact with families by phone when resources are limited or the situation dictates
9) Ability to respond and support all aspects of the donation process in times of high activity
10) Approximate time allocation :
• 80% - hospital support and education services, including implementation and evaluation of standing orders, referrals plans, and quality management initiatives
• 15% - follow up on open referrals
• 10% - stakeholder relations and case related paperwork
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
• Minimum 2 years critical care and/or organ and tissue donation experience
• Compassionate, dedicated; professional leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-directed and able to function collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekend and statutory holidays
Location: This position is located at the TGLN Main Office in downtown Toronto
Please apply to Human Resources, Trillium Gift of Life Network, 522 University Avenue, Suite 900, Toronto, ON M5G 1W7 referencing competition #RTC-PT-VL. Fax: 416-214-7807.
Trillium Gift of Life Network thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants considered for this posting will be contacted.
- CARE COORDINATORS posted 12 days ago.