Senior Consultant (Health Capital Projects)
|Company Name||Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care|
|Location||Greater Toronto Area, Canada|
|Date Posted||Feb 01, 2013|
Bring your strong analytical skills and your expertise in health capital projects to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Health Capital Investment Branch.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in the Health Capital Investment Branch, you will:
• manage the Ministry's review, decision making and approval processes for the development and implementation of health capital project submissions
• coordinate the review and analysis of project planning, design, procurement and financial requirements, recommend approval of capital plans and resolve planning issues
• facilitate joint discussions between stakeholders on issues related to the development of capital proposals and the implementation of capital projects
• provide policy and program expertise, advice and support to stakeholders and management and prepare complex decision-making notes, briefing notes and correspondence
• lead or participate in cross-functional teams and working groups
Location: 1075 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Health Capital Project Knowledge:
• you have knowledge of health capital project development and implementation requirements
Project Management Knowledge:
• you have knowledge of project management methodologies, practices and techniques
• you have experience working with large, complex capital projects and have strong project planning, coordination and organizational skills
Health Care Knowledge:
• you have knowledge of the health care system and service delivery models, governance and funding mechanisms and the role of the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs)
• you have a good understanding of healthcare priorities, programs and legislation as they relate to capital projects
Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and Relationship Management Skills:
• you can provide effective consultation services and develop complex briefing notes and materials
• you can develop and maintain strong relationships with ministry partners, agencies and health service providers
Analytical, Interpretative, Problem-Solving and Negotiation Skills:
• you can manage capital submissions and identify, negotiate and resolve complex project issues
• you can use word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications to track, monitor and report project progress, review financial information and prepare a variety of materials
Salary range: $73,443.00 – $95,213.00 per year
Please apply online, by February 15, 2013, by visiting
www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 49476 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers posted 1 day ago.
- OAR MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT MANAGER posted 16 days ago.
- Clinical Quality Analyst posted 17 days ago.
- Regional Clinical Liaison – Quality (Transplant) posted 22 days ago.
- Employee Health and Wellness Advisor posted 28 days ago.