Website West Park Healthcare Centre
|Competition #||2018-NU-6573||Reports to:||Vice-President, Program Operations|
|Posting Date:||January 7, 2019||Closing Date:||February 3, 2019|
West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients get their lives back by providing specialized rehabilitative and complex care after a life‐altering illness or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. West Park is building a new hospital and transforming its 27-acre site into an integrated campus of care, enabling the hospital to evolve its rehabilitative programs to meet Ontario’s future healthcare needs.
Success in this role calls for a leader who is in a regulated health discipline, nursing preferred, with the ability to foster a culture whereby staff ‘‘enhance lives, inspire hope and encourage independence through caring relationships, leading practices, specialized services and partnership”. You are a strong leader with extensive experience leading in a complex and transformational environment. Further, you will guide and support the strategic and operational planning for rehab and continuing care services. This includes patient care delivery, access and flow, operational planning and implementation, quality, patient safety and risk management, clinical operational effectiveness and efficiency, talent management including recruitment and retention and program development and financial management in support of the Centre’s strategic plan and operational requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in Nursing, Health or Business Management;
- Minimum of 7 years of related progressively responsible senior leadership and management experience;
- Experience working/leading in Complex Continuing Care, Rehabilitation and/or acute medicine;
- Demonstrated focus on person-centered care to ensure quality and patient safety;
- Progressive clinical leadership experience in resource and utilization management and quality initiatives;
- Strong customer service orientation, excellent collaboration and communication skills (written and oral) and effective interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a climate of performance improvement and accountability amongst service managers and clinical teams;
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with external/internal partners;
- Well-developed project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines; and,
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals/business cases to advance clinical services;
- Evidence of good performance history and attendance record;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back;
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors.
- Lead clinical services centre-wide to ensure effective and efficient operations in collaboration with the West Park leadership team.
- In collaboration with the Director of Inter-professional Practice & Clinical Education, Director Quality, Risk and Patient Safety and the Chief of Staff, work with the service managers, the professional practice portfolio and the physicians to build and support a just safety culture, advance clinical practice excellence and support optimal patient and family centred care at the Centre.
- Collaborate with Finance to develop and monitor the operating and capital budget for the overall program using appropriate forecasting, costing, clinical and workload data to ensure a balanced budget.
- Continuously advance the operational effectiveness and efficiency of clinical services through quality improvement initiatives. Utilize data including measures of quality of care, patient/staff satisfaction and clinical outcomes to identify and implement improvement initiatives.
- Work with the service managers to ensure targets set through the Balanced Scorecard, Quality Improvement Plan, Patient Safety Action Plan, Health Equity and HSAA are met.
- Effectively manage patient flow and staffing resources by providing oversight for Staffing and Admitting, chairing the weekly patient flow committee, optimizing West Park’s utilization of the Resource Matching and Referral System, ensuring Alternate Level of Care targets are met.
- Effectively manage complaints and critical incidents, ensuring the issues are investigated and addressed in accordance with West Park policies and procedures, initiating changes in practice as required minimizing the risk of a recurrence.
- Oversee the performance of direct reports including orientation, the completion of performance reviews, and coaching to develop their capacity to advance patient and staff safety, to optimize patient and staff satisfaction, and efficiency and effectiveness of patient care.
- Support the service managers to develop service specific plans that are aligned with the Hospital’s strategic directions and priorities.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, including the appropriate managers, develop and implement proposals/business cases to advance clinical care in alignment with the mission, vision and values of WPHC.
- Keep abreast of system requirements, integration opportunities and funding announcements through participation in external committees and working groups. Actively foster relationships with external partners consistent with the hospital’s strategic direction and operational requirements.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our values. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.If you would like a copy of the job description, please contact Liliana Catapano at 416-243-3600 extension 4631.
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.