POSITION TITLE: Senior Healthcare Risk Management Specialist
REPORTING TO: Manager, Healthcare Risk Management
University education at the bachelor level.
Qualification in one of the health disciplines or in a health-related field.
Canadian Risk Management/Patient Safety certificate or equivalent coursework in a health-related discipline.
Minimum seven years working experience in a health-related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in healthcare risk management and enterprise/integrated risk management.
A working knowledge of the French language would be a definite asset.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Well organized, good time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Well developed analytical skills
- Public speaking skills
- Knowledge of adult education principles
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Committed to ongoing learning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to queries from subscribers related to risk management/patient safety subject matter.
- Act as a resource/consultant to subscribers and review submissions on risk management organizational issues (e.g.loss control, policies and procedures, patient relations, contracts, subscriber response to complaints, etc.).
- Support a cadre of key subscribers including query response, customized claims analysis, meeting preparation andattendance.
- Contribute to development and revision of risk management tools including: Risk Reference Sheets, Case Studies, RiskNotes, Risk Resource Guides, Risk Profiles, etc. based on extensive research of current legislation, professional and/orgoverning organizations, medical journals and risk management websites, claims data and best practices.
- Part of HIROC team in contributing to annual subscriber report including: key findings and recommendations basedon claims experience, trending issues and Risk Assessment Checklists submission.
- Compiles claims data and Risk Assessment Checklists responses for trends analysis.
- Respond to urgent issues relating to risk management and patient safety matters (consulting with Claims, InsuranceOperations, senior management and legal where required).
- Participate in/lead ad hoc HRM and HIROC projects, initiatives and committees.
- Present at outside forums and subscriber organizations.
- Participate on external committees (e.g. CPSI) as a HIROC representative.
- Liaise with external organizations (e.g. BLG) as a HIROC representative.
- Contribute to department planning.
- Participate in ongoing educational opportunities to remain current on risk management and patient safety issues inthe field of healthcare and insurance.
- Act as a resource to other HRM and HIROC staff and provide mentorship as required.
- Other duties as required.
- HOURS OF WORK:
- Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30May be required to attend after-hours functions/meetings.
Normal working conditions in an office setting. Working at computer for most of the day.
Some travel required—subscriber visits, presentations, conferences and courses.
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person’s dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier- free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@hiroc.com
To apply for this job email your details to HR@hiroc.com