Website VHA Home Healthcare
Looking for more?
At VHA Rehab Solutions, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Occupational Therapists.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for 90 years. With over 3000 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA’s client-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
VHA is hosting a Virtual Job Fair on April 22, 2021 for Occupational Therapists
We are seeking OT’s to carry an Adults caseload in the community
We offer flexible and self-scheduling positions (full-time and part-time) in the GTA, Toronto, North York, Mississauga / Brampton, Scarborough
Simply book a time slot with one of our Rehab Supervisors in the regions available and take your first step to joining our incredible team of healthcare professionals!
Occupational Therapist – VIRTUAL JOB FAIR on MS TEAMS
Date: April 22, 2021
Time: 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Location: Online (Microsoft Teams)
Click on View Job Posting and Book Meeting Time Slot https://www.fitzii.com/apply/55679
- Assessment and implementation of Occupational Therapy interventions in a community setting
- Assess clients using interviews, standardized and informal assessment techniques in accordance with professional practice guidelines and standards established by VHA Rehab Solutions.
- Attend client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensure coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client’s team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- Implement client interventions based on assessment information, client input and in conjunction with the client’s integrated care plan.
- Ensure that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Prepare statistical records of client care and related activities as required by VHA, the Ministry of Health, and other agencies.
Occupational Therapist Qualifications:
- Graduate of a recognized program for Occupational Therapy.
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership in professional association preferred.
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available.
- Ability to work independently.
- Utilizes an evidence-based approach to achieve client-centered outcomes.
- Familiar with the routine use of valid framework and reliable outcome measures to support clinical interventions.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a vehicle preferred.
- A registered ADP Authorizer preferred
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
- Flexible self-scheduling positions – full-time and part time available.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package in Toronto Central
- Pension is available to eligible staff in Toronto Central
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.
If you are not able to attend, please submit your resume for review www.VHA.ca
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us in advance.
To apply for this job please visit www.VHA.ca.